Will my mattress have an odor?
Cotton sometimes has a fresh field odor. Truly organic cotton is not treated with anything nor is it bleached or washed it is organic from the field. Also if a cotton mattress is in a bag it needs to be aired out a few days to get the petro-chemical odor from the plastic bag.
• Click to see some Cotton Mattresses.
• Click to learn more about cotton mattresses.
• Click to see some Wool Mattresses.
• Click to learn more about wool mattresses.
Off-gassing, or chemical odors, is one issue that is often listed by those considering memory foam. About 15% of people who buy a memory foam mattress report a noticeable odor. For most people, this is a just a minor annoyance that dissipates within a few days to a few weeks. It is best to search for a green alternative Memory Foam like a Soy based Memory Foam.
• Click to see some Soy Memory Foam Mattresses.
• Click to read more about what is off-gassing.
• Another great read with more info on off gassing.
• Click to read about (VOC's) Volatile Organic Compounds.
• Click here to learn about flame retardants.
• Click to check out some great organic cotton mattresses.
What Is Formaldehyde
Reduce Exposure To Formaldehyde
What Is Off Gassing
Furniture & Your Health
What Are VOC's
Avoiding VOC's In The Home
Benefits Of Going Organic
Everything You Need To Know About Futons