SHOP OUR HIGHEST RATED
Virgin Wool MattressesShop The Category
What is Wool?
Wool is a protein fiber that is derived from the fleece of sheep. The fleece is composed of two types of fibers: the coarse outer fibers, known as guard hairs, and the finer inner fibers, known as down hairs. Wool is typically harvested once a year, in the spring, when the sheep are sheared.
Benefits of Virgin Wool Futon mattress
Wool is a Natural Fiber
Wool is a natural fiber that comes from sheep. Unlike synthetic fibers, wool is biodegradable and renewable and hypoallergenic.
Wool Regulates Body Temperature
Wool has the ability to regulate body temperature, keeping you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Wool Is Breathable
High quality wool is a breathable material, meaning that it allows air to circulate and prevents absorbing moisture wicking from being trapped against the skin. This makes wool mattresses especially beneficial for people who tend to sleep hot, as they will not get sweaty during the night and its fire resistant.
Wool Is Durable
Wool is a very durable material, meaning that it will last for many years if properly cared for.
Wool Is Sustainable
Wool is a sustainable material that can be sourced from sheep that are humanely raised.
Wool Resistance to Flame
Wool is resistant to flame because the protein fibers are tightly interwoven. This tight interweaving prevents oxygen from reaching the fibers, which prevents combustion. Wool is Resistance to Flame - Because of its unique chemical structure, wool is difficult to ignite.
Wool is Resistant to Dust Mites
One of the benefits of wool products is that it is resistant to dust mites. Dust mites are tiny creatures that thrive in dusty environments and are a common cause of allergies. They are known to cause asthma and other respiratory problems. Wool fibres is able to resist dust mites because of its natural properties. The fibers are tightly woven and do not allow dust mites to penetrate them. Additionally, wool fibers is naturally moisture absorbing, which means that it helps to keep dust mites from thriving in humid environments.
HOW TO MAKE A
Bedroom Cozy With WoolLEARN MORE
Teddy Organic Wool Mattress
Teddy Natural Wool Mattress
Eco Pure Wool Mattress
Tranquility 2 Hypoallergenic Mattress
- Learn more about wool: Recycled Wool, Wool clothes, Wool garments, Finest wool
- Check out our easy to clean wool fabric futon covers
- Check out our merino wool blankets
- Read about the Farm to Bedroom movement.
- Click to research other organic cotton mattress ingredients.
- Click to browse through some great wool mattresses.
- Click to read about How Long Does A Futon Mattress Last?.
- The Perfect Wool Bed Pillow.
- Learn more about Wool Shikifutons.
- Click to check out some great organic wool mattresses.
- Click to learn more about What Does Crimped Wool Mean?.
- Click to learn more about Where Does Wool Come From?.
Everything You Need To Know About Futons