The tower series features long cyclintrical columns of light. Accented with a series of black metal rings, this lamp meshes well with a wide variety of décor styles and tastes.
The outer, rope-like, portion of the lamp is crafted from abaca fiber, whereas, the inner portion of the lamp is crafted using a handmade abaca paper. The abaca fiber portion of the lamp has its own wrought iron frame, guaranteeing this lamp is very sturdy. The abaca plant is fast growing and resembles the banana. The species matures in about 18 to 24 months and consists of 12 to 30 stalks from a central root system. Each stalk grows between 12 and 20 feet high. Different parts of the plant make different products such as abaca rope, twine, or paper. Abaca is special in that it will re-grow from the same root system after being cut and it can be grown within the rainforest without destroying critical habitat.
The inner diffuser paper is applied to a heat resistant lamp backing, similar to the backing found on any standard lamp. The frame is constructed of wrought iron, making the lamp very strong and durable; It’s powder coated in order to ensure the longevity of its color. 10” diameter x 72” tall and uses 4 x 40 watt medium base bulb, compact florescent bulb highly recommended.
Key Product Ingredients
shade material - abaca fiber
- frame & body - metal
- bulb suggested - compact fluorescent
- bulbs required - 4 for 72" tower, 3 for 48" tower
Compact fluorescent light bulbs are highly recommended. these bulbs will get nice and bright without the added heat of a standard incandescent bulb. these bulbs also last much longer, in many cases over five years. on average, a 13-watt fluorescent bulb will create the same lumens of light as a standard 60-watt light bulb and a 26-watt fluorescent light bulb will have the same light output as a 100-watt incandescent bulb. please check with the manufacturer of a specific bulb for its specs.
- Fluorescent light bulbs are considered to be a great alternative to standard light bulbs since they promote energy efficiency. Compact florescent light bulbs have allowed us to create beautiful artistic lighting made out of organic materials that is still functional.
- If an incandescent bulb is used, we suggest a maximum of 40-watts.
|Length:||9 inches||9 inches|
|Width:||9 inches||9 inches|
|Height:||48 inches||72 inches|| |
* Maintenance: We recommend against placing your lamp in direct sunlight. If cleaning is required, use a dry cloth or duster. We do not suggest liquid cleaners.