Cotton sometimes has a fresh field odor. Truly organic cotton is not treated with anything nor is it bleached or washed it is organic from the field. Also if a cotton mattress is in a bag it needs to be aired out a few days to get the petro-chemical odor from the plastic bag.
• Click to see some Cotton Mattresses.
• Click to learn more about What Are The Best Organic Cotton Products For The Home?.
• Click to see some Wool Mattresses.
• Click to learn more about What Are The Benefits Of A Wool Mattress?.
Off-gassing, or chemical odors, is one issue that is often listed by those considering memory foam. About 15% of people who buy a memory foam mattress report a noticeable odor. For most people, this is a just a minor annoyance that dissipates within a few days to a few weeks. It is best to search for a green alternative Memory Foam like a Soy based Memory Foam.
• Click to see some Soy Memory Foam Mattresses.
• Click to read more about What Is Off Gassing?.
• Another great read with more info on Is Mattress Off Gassing Dangerous?.
• Click to read about (VOC's) Volatile Organic Compounds.
• Click here to learn about What Are The Flame Retardants Used In Mattress Manufacturing?.
• Click to check out some great organic cotton mattresses.
Is Formaldehyde in Futon Frames Dangerous?
How To Eliminate Formaldehyde From Your Home With Organic Furniture?
Is Mattress Off Gassing Dangerous?
What Furniture Is Best For My Health?
What Are Examples Of Volatile Organic Compounds In The Home?
How To Avoid Volatile Organic Chemicals (VOCs) In The Home?
What Are The Benefits of Going Organic?
Everything You Need To Know About Futons