Polyester poplins are a type of synthetic fabric used as a cost-effective option for futon slipcovers and pillows. They are durable, easy to clean, and are offered in a wide variety of colors.
The term poplin originates from papeline, a fabric made at Avignon, France, in the 15th century and used in the Papal residence. During that time, poplins were made of silk and relegated to the church or the very wealthy. Due to the cost of the material, less expensive materials which include cotton, wool and polyester were eventually substituted. Polyester Poplins are a strong durable plain weave fabric with crosswise ribs that gives its corded surface. Poplins made of cotton or wool are very suitable for winter wear. Prized for its low-cost and wrinkle resistant properties, Polyester Poplins have become an ideal fabric for futon slipcovers and washable pillow cases. They are machine washable, have high tensile strength, high abrasion resistance, and its color will not fade over time. For those on a budget, polyester futon slipcovers proves to be an ideal choice.
Choosing the right cover starts with What Are The Different Types Of Textile Fabrics?
- Check out this huge selection of Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this amazing selection of Organic Cotton Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this great selection of Microfiber Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this selection of Solid Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this fantastic selection of Patterned Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this superior selection of Textured Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this unique selection of Outdoor Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this selection of Cotton Futon Slipcovers
Everything You Need To Know About Futons