If customization is your thing, you may want to consider piping trim, also known as welting on your futon slipcover or pillow cover. It adds a nice color compliment to your cover or pillow in addition to providing protection.
Upholsterer's sew welting into seams to help the fabric withstand everyday use. The welting is positioned on the corners and edges of the futon cover and run all the way around it. This restricts contact with the sewn seams, adds a reinforced stitch strengthening the seam and protects against abrasions as the futon is used. Contrasting the colors of your futon slipcover with the welting color of your pillows adds a nice customized look.
Welting and piping are sometimes used synonymously, however they are not exactly the same thing. Welting is used to distinguish this product as an upholstery piece, while piping tends to be smaller and is more suitable for dressmaking details. Welting may consist of one or two cords that are covered in fabric and sewn into the seam of slipcovers or cushions. A welt cord is simply a fabric covered cord that follows the seam of a chair cushion, sofa cushion, or pillows. A welt cord helps give upholstery a more finished tailored look. The two types of welt cords are a self-welt & a contrasting welt. A self welt is when the cord is done out of the same fabric. A welt cord that is done out of a different fabric is called a contrasting welt cord. Contrasting welt cords adds a level of style and customization to your slipcover and can be customized to the colors in your room. Double welting uses two cords and is used to cover exposed staples or tacks between the fabric and wood on upholstered furniture.
If you are looking to add a bit of personalized style to your slipcover while adding protection at the same time, welting is an inexpensive way to go.
- What's The Best Mattress Cover?
- What Are The Best Futon Covers?
- How To Choose The Right Futon Cover?
- What's The Difference Between Natural Cotton And Synthetic Cotton?
- Most Futon Slipcover fabric is cotton and knowing how it was harvested you can ensure you get a fabric that suits all your needs. Learn more about How Does Growing Cotton Affect The Environment?.
- Why Is Organic Cotton Production Important?
- If you choose to go organic then you want to make sure your slipcover is GOTS Certified Organic Cotton.
- Check out this huge selection of Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this amazing selection of Organic Cotton Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this great selection of Microfiber Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this selection of Solid Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this fantastic selection of Patterned Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this superior selection of Textured Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this unique selection of Outdoor Futon Slipcovers
- Check out this selection of Cotton Futon Slipcovers
Choosing the right cover starts with What Are The Different Types Of Textile Fabrics?
Everything You Need To Know About Futons