TFS Natural Home by The Futon Shop’s aims is to set the standards of excellence for furniture manufacturers and retailers alike. We are building a business in which the highest standards of craftsmanship and transparency passes through to all aspects of our products and company including a priority of choosing natural and sustainable resources. We use bambo, kapok, cotton, wool, and hemp coir fiber for our mattresses, pads, and fabrics for our pillows, futon covers, and for our sofa upholstery.
Hemp is a eco friendly option when choosing an alternative for your mattress, futon cover, pillows, or fabric for your sofa. Hemp is one of the most durable textures when choosing a eco-conscious home. It is comfortable,, durable, and anti-bacterial. It is not only used within fabrics for furniture, but popular amongst fashion brands like Eileen Fisher, Tentree, Levi’s, Wama, patagonia, Jungmaven, Thought, and Valani.
Our OEKO-TEX Certified Hemp
- • Breathable - improving air flow and promote better circulation
- • Durable - Hemp fibers have less cellulose than other natural fibers that make them much stronger
- • Sustainable - Hemp trees are considered slow growth, and can produce coconuts throughout its long life.
Benefits of Hemp
“As humans have known for thousands of years, hemp is a plant that boasts abundant industrial, nutritive and Medicinal properties”
TFS Natural Home Products Lines
Our Mattresses made with Hemp, will last a lifetime, offering strength, durability, and breathable to mold & insects.
Hemp Platform Beds
Designed with a contemporary minimalist concept, the clean-cut Hemp Upholstered Bed Collection delivers a simple, high-quality, sturdy and solid elegant, and natural platform slated bed system.
Sofas With Hemp Fabric
Pet-Friendly Sofas - Hemp fabric releases moisture and odors. Hemp also has a longer lifespan, is antimicrobial and dust mite resistant.
Hemp Futon Covers & Pillows
100% Distressed Urban Hemp Fabric - The Durability of hemp is far superior when compared to wool or cotton.
“If you are an avid sustainability-focused shopper like me, you'll know that hemp fabric is very useful, versatile, and durable."
- • The July 4, 1776 Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
- • In 1941 Henry Ford built a car with a plastic made from hemp and wheat straw.
- • The original Levi Strauss jeans were made from hemp.