Types of Wool
The Micron System, the most technical and accurate system of grading, was largely developed at the Denver Wool Laboratory, USDA. The system separates wool into 16 grades according to the average fiber diameter as measured by a micrometer.
Today's industry provides a broad choice of wool fibers, so the manufacturer may select those best suited for their end-product. The grades of wool vary with some breeds of sheep producing finer quality wool than others.
The Best Combination
The best wool is usually a blend of some of the types of wool. This blend provides one with a combination of long and medium crimp wool that is naturally crimped without any added process that can add unwanted chemicals.
You can find this information and more at http://www.sheepusa.org/
• Click to learn more about wool mattresses.
• Click to learn more about chemical free mattresses.
• Click to check out some great organic cotton mattresses.
• Click to read about wool the natural fire retardant.
• Click to see the benefits of wool.
• Click to learn more about crimped wool.
• Click to learn more about how wool is collected.
• Click to learn about certified organic wool.