The jellyfish is a stunningly visual and artistic floor lamp. Absolutely unique and self-defined, this lamp will create a less than subtle first impression. Designed for whimsy, yet strikingly elegant, the domed shade is covered in real fossilized cocoa leaves and stitched with natural abaca fiber. Each wrought iron tentacle grasps a single glass bead stinger.
Long, slender, wrought iron tentacles, each embracing small glass beads, make this piece. The frame is constructed of wrought iron, making the lamp very strong and durable; It’s powder coated in order to ensure the longevity of its color. Fossilized cocoa leaf lampshade. Fossilization is the process of drying leaves over a three to four month period and then hand rubbing the chlorophyll of the leaf so only the leaf’s skeleton remains. Once the chlorophyll is removed, the leaf is stained in organic dyes. Since the leaves are natural, each one will absorb dye differently. The resulting effect is a lamp with different hues and shades (sometimes within the same leaf). Once the leaf is stained, it is adhered to a heat resistant backing. The artists cut each leaf to ensure that no leaf will overlap. Finally, a strong sealant is used to ensure the stability and integrity of the shade.
Key Product Ingredients
shade material - abaca stitched cocoa leaves
- frame & body - cast iron
- decoration - glass marble "stingers"
- bulb suggested - compact fluorescent
Compact fluorescent light bulbs are highly recommended. these bulbs will get nice and bright without the added heat of a standard incandescent bulb. these bulbs also last much longer, in many cases over five years. on average, a 13-watt fluorescent bulb will create the same lumens of light as a standard 60-watt light bulb and a 26-watt fluorescent light bulb will have the same light output as a 100-watt incandescent bulb. please check with the manufacturer of a specific bulb for its specs.
- Fluorescent light bulbs are considered to be a great alternative to standard light bulbs since they promote energy efficiency. Compact florescent light bulbs have allowed us to create beautiful artistic lighting made out of organic materials that is still functional.
- If an incandescent bulb is used, we suggest a maximum of 40-watts.
|Lamp sizes:||Floor Lamp|
|Height:||67 inches|| |
* Maintenance: We recommend against placing your lamp in direct sunlight. If cleaning is required, use a dry cloth or duster. We do not suggest liquid cleaners.