The shade of this beautiful and unique lamp is crafted from fibers picked from the durian fruit tree. Durian fruit is, on average, the size of a soccer ball and its distinctive taste and smell usually is not appreciated by westerners, but is a very important domestic fruit in many Asian countries. These fibers are stained with natural dyes and inlaid on a heat resistant lamp backing, giving the shade bold color and unique texture. The outer lampshade is made of nito vine forming a visual second line of wrapping and a striking modern look. All of this surrounds an unobtrusive metal frame that provides inner stability without detracting from this organic lamp's wild look.
Key Product Ingredients
- shade material - durian fruit fiber
- frame & body - nito vine wrapped cast iron
- bulb suggested - compact fluorescent
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs are highly recommended. these bulbs will get nice and bright without the added heat of a standard incandescent bulb. these bulbs also last much longer, in many cases over five years. on average, a 13-watt fluorescent bulb will create the same lumens of light as a standard 60-watt light bulb and a 26-watt fluorescent light bulb will have the same light output as a 100-watt incandescent bulb. please check with the manufacturer of a specific bulb for its specs.
- Fluorescent light bulbs are considered to be a great alternative to standard light bulbs since they promote energy efficiency. Compact florescent light bulbs have allowed us to create beautiful artistic lighting made out of organic materials that is still functional.
- If an incandescent bulb is used, we suggest a maximum of 40-watts.
| || |
|Lamp sizes:||Table Lamp|
|Height:||15 inches|| |
* Maintenance: We recommend against placing your lamp in direct sunlight. If cleaning is required, use a dry cloth or duster. We do not suggest liquid cleaners.