WHAT MAKE GOLS CERTIFIED ORGANIC LATEX SO SPECIAL
In order to be certified GOLS organic latex must pass many different traceable functions from tapping to the finished product even the workers environmental conditions and fair trade measurements.
- a) First and foremost the organic latex must be traceable back to its organic field and the latex / raw material supplier.
- b) The manufacture must provide quantity consistency in the organic latex lots, records shall be maintained, and also showing unused stock balances.
- c) Clear separation of Organic products from products that are not certified, during all stages of processing.
- d) Certified Organic raw material and the finished product must be identified throughout the processing chain.
- e) Operational procedures and practices are supported by a paperwork and document system and the records will provide an audit trail.
- f) The manufacture must keep a a written quality manuals, covering Name of the operator, Client number assigned by the Certification Body, Version number and date, flow charts of the operations procedures including complaints. Below are the items needed before any organic latex can be certified
GOLS certification is done through The Control Union, a third party certification company. Only Dunlop latex can be certified as organic, as Talalay a contains ammonia which is a caustic chemical. There are many different latex foams on the market today, so if organic is important to you than latex must comes with a GOLS certification! There are several different types of latex, 100% natural latex, made only with natural latex milk, can be Talalya or Dunlop. but only Dunlop can be certified 100% certified natural organic latex. There is also natural latex that can be made with only 85% natural latex and 15% synthetic (petroleum based) latex. Then there is also pure latex that is 15% natural latex and 85% synthetic latex. So yes words matter! Don't be fooled ask for certification on any latex product.
Global Organic Latex Standard
- Mattress Manufacturing - What is a GOLS Transactional Certificate
- The Importance Of GOLS Certified Latex As A Mattress Ingredient
- What Makes GOLS Certified Organic Latex So Special
Click to read about the organic latex ingredient.
Click to read about the natural latex ingredient.
Click to browse through some great organic futon mattresses.
Click to browse through some great organic mattresses.
Click to read about mattress lifespans.
Click to read about mattress motion isolation.
Click to read about the benefits of latex.
Click to read about how latex is harvested from rubber trees.
Click to read about latex manufacturing.
Click to read more about latex densities.
Everything You Need To Know About Futons